Past Programming and Events Toggle navigation
- Additional Past Programs
- Virtual Programs
Make a Paddleboat
What you’ll need:
- 1 shallow plastic container
- 2 pencils
- 3 rubber bands
- Cardboard or foam
How to make your paddleboat
- Attach the pencils to the plastic container using one rubber band. Place one pencil on either side.
- String the two other rubber bands across the pencils on either end of the pencils.
- For the paddles, cut cardboard or foam into 4 pieces to a size that they can rotate past the container when the center is lined up with the rubber band. Cut a slit lengthwise to the center. Slide two pieces together to form an X-shaped paddle.
- Place the paddles between the elastics, so that they are held in place.
- Wind the paddles, twisting the rubber bands, to power the boat.
- Place in water and watch your boat race!